Jenee and Jason planned a wedding at a quaint Bed and Breakfast in Wisconsin. Based on the name, The Honeybee Inn, bees were a common theme throughout. When I came across this fabric, I knew I had to make something for them with it.
My 9's were a little smaller, I think the squares I cut were 5" each. I made sure that each block of 9 had some bee fabric in it somewhere and I was really expecting it to stand out as the main fabric, but I don't think it did. Then of course, I wanted to use it as the entire backing, but the little sliver I had left was just enough to make the binding. It is also now a discontinued print nowhere to be found so I had to piece the back together with the remaining other fabrics that I had.
The back looks great!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Connecting Threads has a bee series, but it's not at cute:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.ConnectingThreads.com/collections/Love_My_Honey_Quilting_Fabrics__L159.html