Sunday, August 3, 2014

One more throw-back

Wow. I'm going way back on this one. May 2009. Back when I had nothing but time. And my old sewing room which wasnt overtaken by toys.... well toys that were not mine.
I miss my old sewing room. We definitely should have kept the Blair house for a crafting mecca.

I remember Rob being on a hot trip, or trip of some sort. And I got to spend a solid week (or more) sewing, and watching girlie movies. Ah, the good old days.

If you remember, I made a quilt for each of his nieces for when they came to spend the summer with us. I haven't gotten around to making one for Ryan yet. He's so much older now, a regular young man. I have no idea what kind of fabrics to use on a quilt for a teenage boy. I guess I'll just add it to my ever lengthening to-do list.

I used mostly scraps from bridesmaid quilts for this. I think these are all Amy Butler. Why I had enough for 2 fullsize quilts, I'm not sure. I do remember buying the orange backing from the fabric shop. Maybe I bought some additional fabric for the tops at the time as well. I still love this Amy Butler line.


 
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment