Sunday, August 3, 2014

Amelia


My mom said this was not "babyish" at all. I guess it isnt, but she can grow with it. What can I say, I like sophisticated fabric, and I loved the colors. These are some of my favorite fabrics. It was really hard for me to cut into them. I still have the rest of it stashed away for a special project. I'm such a horder.

I went over to Sam's and we sewed this little one up. Teamwork always makes it go quickly. I stopped at Kohl's and bought a polkadot sheet for the backing (hoping to make it a bit more babyish!). I used some multicolor thread for the quilting. I dont stray from the usual cream/white very often but liked this. It added some fun.




Amelia was born a few weeks before Elizabeth, so we probably made this sometime in July 2012. We chose the big pattern so we didn't loose too much of the graphics in the fabric when we cut into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment