I feel like I had more projects than I really did for Kristen's shower. When going through the photos, I can only find a few. However, combined with Hayley's craftiness, we had quite a few ohs, and ahs over masterpieces. The first one was the invitation. After Virginia came up with such a clever birds and bees theme for Chi's shower, I had to find something equal for Kristen's. We settled on "Cute as a button". I had a set of Button Buddy stamps, that had this cute little piggy on it, and I went from there. The inside said Cute button nose, sweet little smile, a new baby is coming in just a short while.
From there, I made a cute as a button bunting, and Hayley made this cute little mobile, and 4 paintings with button animals. She found some plain frames, and painted them super cute too.
We set the drinks and munchies up out on the deck. Then we set up 2 tables for lunch up in the living room and dining room. I made the yellow chevron table cloth and then another grey/white striped one for the smaller table. The "Welcome Baby" bunting got another use in the dining room. It's made an appearance at 4 showers already!
After lunch we went back outside for coffee, cheesecake, and gifts. Baby gifts are so much fun. Kristen got a lot of lovely things. This is the quilt I made. Rylan loves blankets, he ran right up to it. I guess I should probably put a quilt for him on my list of things to do. Maybe once they move and he has a new room, I could make one to coordinate it. For Kristen's quilt I picked a fun woodland forrest animal collection. Turquoise, orange, and a bit of burgandy. The back is a really cute print of the animals. I was running short on time, so I chose a simple pattern, but I think it looks really cute. To mix it up, I quilted on the diagonal of the squares, where usually I would have outlined the seams. I always have such a hard time picking a pattern. I usually love the fabrics so much that I dont want to cut them up, I want them to be big squares to show each of them off.
Sam came over a little early, and was a huge help during the shower. I'm so lucky to have her as a friend. I was wearing giant wedges and she had a little kitten heel so I felt 6 feet tall next to her. I stepped out of one of my shoes and expected whoever was taking the photo just to get waist up (and not half of Bella either). I'm also thankful for Hayley's help and creativity. Without her, this shower wouldn't have been nearly as cute as it turned out!
No comments:
Post a Comment