Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lavender and Gray

I dont have much time, so this will need to be quick. In the last week I put together 2 quilts, or say a quilt and a blanket. The first, for Virginia. Well for Virginia to give to a new mother-to-be. I made it with the scraps from the 2 sets of sheets (white with purple bordering each block, and the entire back) I made her napkins from. The other fabrics were scraps from a quilt I made for Ariana (http://craftaccino.blogspot.com/2012/01/purple-people-eater.html) before she was born. I wanted something simple. I wasnt sure how this was going to shake out, but I'm pleased. In the end, I bought the polkadot binding, because I just didnt have anything that felt right. It might be one of my favorite parts.




It isn't very "baby-ish", but I think the sweet white and purple fabric helps. It has castles and princesses, ballet slippers, and frogs on it. Virginia said it's ok, she can "grow into it" now.

No comments:

Post a Comment