Monday, June 18, 2012

I needed it...

It was a long time coming, but I finally sat down for another project. I'm not sure why, but sometimes when I'm stressed a good sewing project makes me feel 100X better. Don't get me wrong, when sewing I come across a lot of frustrating things (bad tension, uneven cuts and stitches, things not lining up) but those are nice things to be frustrated with - things that take my mind away from the "real world of frustration".

I had an invitation for a baby shower for Serena coming up, so I just sat down, started sorting through a pile of scraps, and started cutting. I didn't quite know where I was going with this when I started, but I think it came together nicely. It also went together really quickly.

You'll probably see a lot of familiar fabrics spread out through this gem, but I think that is what I like about it. All the fabrics have a history.




I didn't have anything at home screaming out to be used for the backing. I popped into Target one afternoon and came across the yellow and white stripes that I used on the binding, and the turquoise with white dots I used on the back. I couldn't choose between them so I picked them both up and headed home. I bought 2 queen size sheet sets (they were on sale) and have a lot left, so we better come up with another project quickly!

1 comment:

  1. That quilt is beeeutiful. Love the binding and backing, too. I'm sure it was a big hit at the shower!

    ReplyDelete