This house was in some serious need of cozy, so I set out to make some pillows for our new couch.
I bought a pillow insert at Michael's and this pretty yellow fabric from the local quilt shop, where they also talked me into doing a zipper instead of buttons.
I looked up a zippered pillow tutorial on Pinterest and I swear, I must have screwed up in as many ways as possible when making a pretty simple square pillow. Most un-fixable of my mistakes was cutting the fabric too small for the insert. So I decided to sacrifice an ugly pillow we had with a split seam I never got around to fixing. I'm not too fond of the lumpiness of the finished product, but no one else seems to have noticed.
In the same week, I decided to up the coziness of our bedroom by adding a few pillows to the bed. Since David is firmly against decorative pillows on the bed, I figured I could just make some nice pillow cases for regular sized pillows. And I screwed those up, too. But I learned a valuable lesson in pinning (real pinning, not Pinterest pinning), so I'm telling myself that next time will go smoother.
I used the pillow case tutorial Katie found on Pinterest. Granted my fabric isn't super exciting, it does make the bed look a bit more inviting.
I used the pillow case tutorial Katie found on Pinterest. Granted my fabric isn't super exciting, it does make the bed look a bit more inviting.
No comments:
Post a Comment