Sunday, February 26, 2012

Paper Basket


I saw this clever recycled paper basket on Pinterest a few weeks ago and couldn't wait until I had enough spare time to put one together.  We have loads of packing paper left over from our move, and most of it had been going to the cat box.

I'm a big fan of up-cycling, and I'd say that the materials for this project were free if it weren't for the thread.  Yes, it's cheap to count the cost of thread, but I estimate about 70 feet of thread was used to sew the paper strips, and that's not nothing, as we say.

It's a fun, floppy basket, definitely not something to carry anything heavy or wet in.  I think next time I'll make it rectangular and not quite as tall.

2 comments:

  1. That is really cool. Did you iron your paper. I totally would have :)
    What are you keeping in it now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should have ironed it, but I didn't. Actually, I kind of like the wrinkles.
    Right now it's functioning really well as trash bin for the sweat shop. It's good for catching bits of thread and scraps of fabric but nothing much heavier than that.

    ReplyDelete