Saturday, January 7, 2012

IKEA Jane Market Bag


Opposite side
A couple of weeks ago we went to IKEA to pick up my Christmas present (an armchair for the kitchen - I love it).  While we were there I took a quick detour past the fabric section and picked up a yard of this black and white stuff I saw draped at the entrance of the store.  You're right - it's not cheap - but at $10/yard I can make three bags per yard, whereas regular fabric (even the wide home decor fabric at JoAnne's) I can only squeeze out two.

Of course that's not counting the center panels, pockets, lining, and handle.  I had originally planned for the purple baroque-looking stuff to be the pocket, but another cheap fabric cut left me with only 17" of the red dots, which wouldn't be enough for the center panel.  I should probably learn my lesson and buy a minimum 3/4 yard of everything. So I had to switch the red and the purple, which I wasn't super happy about, but it's not that bad.

The purple and the red came from Pink Castle Fabrics on etsy.  I used a cheap Walmart white sheet for the lining.

Dave says, "Who's that for?  Someone loud?"

1 comment:

  1. Bwah ha ha. Dave is cracking me up :)
    I think it looks great. When you are here next, we might need an excuse for an Ikea trip! You know, just to see....

    ReplyDelete